What is hyperbaric therapy?
Hyperbaric therapy is a form of medical treatment that involves exposing the body to pure oxygen at a higher pressure than normal. There are about 45 diseases approved worldwide to be treated with hyperbaric oxygen.
What effects does oxygen therapy have on the body?
- Decreases inflammation
- Increases the body's oxygen saturation by 20-30%
- Increases the body's immunity
- Increases blood circulation and stimulates the formation of new capillaries
- Decreases toxins in the body
- Stimulates new blood cells production
- Increases STEM cell production in the body by 800% after 40 treatments
- Increases healing rate
What happens during hyperbaric therapy?
The patient enters the multiplace hyperbaric chamber - a room able to accommodate more patients. Oxygen will be delivered through a comfortable mask, allowing you to relax during the process. Once you are comfortable in the room, you will be aware that the air is pushed slowly into the room - this is called compression. You will feel pressure in your eardrums similar to that felt in an airplane. At the end of the treatment, the mask will be removed and the air inside the room is released slowly. - this is called decompression. You will not feel any pain during therapy:
- Oxygen molecules are dissolved in plasma
- Oxygen levels increase only slightly in hemoglobin (RBC), which already works at about 95% capacity
- Blood flow can carry six times more oxygen than normally
- Plasma is infused with enough oxygen to sustain life without any hemoglobin
- This oxygen-saturated plasma moves from the circulatory system to the spaces of the tissue, deepening into areas where there is no blood flow or where blood flow is diminished or compromised and carries oxygen molecules with it. Basically, through hyperbaric therapy, more oxygen is delivered to more cells than can be provided by the circulatory system.
- The total effect is that the body has become hyper oxygenated and thus the process is known as hyperbaric oxygenation.
The European Commission on Hyperbaric Medicine divides the diseases intended for this therapy, depending on the effects of hyperbaric therapy, into 3 degrees, namely:
Grade 1: Strictly recommended
- CO poisoning
- Crushing syndrome, polytrauma
- Prevention of dental osteoradionecrosis
- Inflammation (cystitis, prostatitis)
- Decompression accident
- Gas embolism
- Anaerobic or mixed bacterial anaerobic infections
Grade 2: recommended
- Diabetic foot injury
- Skin graft and muscle-skin flap
- Proctitis/enteritis induced by radiotherapy
- Soft tissue damage induced by radiotherapy
- Aseptic necrosis of the femoral head, knee, ankle
- Sudden deafness
- Ischemic ulcer
- Refractory chronic osteomyelitis
- Stage IV neuroblastoma
Grade 3: Optional
- Post anoxic encephalopathy
- Radionecrosis of the larynx
- Radiation therapy-induced Central Nervous System Injury
- Post-vascular reperfusion syndrome
- Replanting the limbs
- Burns > 20% of the surface and grade 2
- Acute ischemic ophthalmic disorders
- Skin wounds secondary to inflammatory processes
- Mediastinitis post-sternotomy
- Fat cell disease
- Acute myocardial infarction
- Retinitis pigmentosa
- Multiple sclerosis
- Fetoplacental insufficiency
- Facial paralysis (Bell)
Discover the hyperbaric medicine center opened in our clinic. Centrokinetic has the top-performing hyperbaric chamber in Bucharest, with multiple medical and anti-aging uses. The Baroks chamber has 5 seats, and operates at a constant pressure of 2.5 atmospheres, being fully automated and having protocols for each condition, and can be used individually for each patient.
- The only medically accredited hyperbaric therapy chamber in Bucharest, which operates at 2.5 atmospheres (those for aesthetic use go to 1 atmosphere and have no medical benefits).
- A safe medical procedure, without irradiation, without pain, without other side effects.
- The specialized medical team consists of recovery doctors, orthopedists, rheumatologists, neurologists, and neurosurgeons, meaning a multidisciplinary team specialized in all diseases that can be treated with hyperbaric therapy.
- Premium conditions at a fair price. Our clinic is recognized for the conditions offered and for the care of each patient. But we do not need to pay exorbitant prices to have access to quality medical services. At Centrokinetic you can find an affordable and fair price. But note that we do not have a contract with the National Health Insurance House (we do not offer state reimbursed services)
Hyperbaric therapy in sports
In the last decade, we are seeing an increasing number of people participating in sports and recreational activities, at every age level. The number of sports and leisure injuries has also increased as a result. This has forced health professionals to seek more effective and efficient therapeutic interventions in treating such injuries. Hyperbaric oxygen therapy (HBO) helps prevent injuries, but also faster recovery of athletes, improving the short and long term prognosis.
Centrokinetic clinic offers all services necessary for a complete rehabilitation process, from the first consultation to the medical specialist to establish the correct diagnosis, to treatment and recovery.
Centrokinetic is the place where you will find clear answers and solutions for your motricity problems. The clinic is dedicated to osteoarticular conditions and is divided into the following departments:
- Orthopedics, a department composed of an extremely experienced team of orthopedic doctors, led by Dr. Andrei Ioan Bogdan, primary care physician in orthopedics-traumatology, with surgical activity at Medlife Orthopedic Hospital, specialized in sports traumatology and ankle and foot surgery.
- Pediatric orthopedics, where children's sports conditions are treated (ligament and meniscus injuries), spinal deformities (scoliosis, kyphosis, hyperlordosis) and those of the feet (hallux valgus, hallux rigidus, equine larynx, flat valgus, hollow foot).
- Neurology, which has an ultra-performing department, where consultations, electroencephalograms (EEG) and electromyography (EMG) are performed.
- Medical recovery for adults and children, department specialized in the recovery of performance athletes, in spinal disorders, in the recovery of children with neurological and traumatic diseases. Our experience is extremely rich, treating over 5000 performance athletes.
- Medical imaging, the clinic being equipped with ultrasound and MRI, high-performance devices dedicated to musculoskeletal disorders, and complemented by an experienced team of radiologists: Dr. Sorin Ghiea and Dr. Cosmin Pantu, specialized in musculoskeletal imaging.