What is osteoporosis?
Osteoporosis is a condition of the skeletal system. The bones become so fragile that a simple fall or even regular movements, such as bending or coughing, can cause a fracture. The most common fractures associated with osteoporosis occur in the hip, wrist, or spine.
Although it mainly affects women, osteoporosis also occurs in men. Older women who are menopausal have a higher risk of developing the disease.
What is the Galileo vibration plate?
The number of contractions of the stretching reflex per second is determined by the adjustable training frequency. For example, if a 25-hertz training frequency is selected, you will have 25 contraction cycles in the flexor and extensor muscles per second. Therefore, a 3-minute training session at 25 hertz determines the same number of muscle contractions as covering a distance of 4,500 steps.
Bone metabolism is influenced by physical factors, so simulating gait with Galileo will lead to bone mass recovery. Find here more details about Galileo and the board roles of this device.
The vibrations generated by Galileo can be varied in amplitude and frequency, regardless of body weight. Unlike other training platforms with vertical movement (up and down), the Galileo tilt movement physiologically simulates human gait.
As humans, we try to keep our head in a constant and upright position, because balance and visual systems work in an optimal state only when they are at rest. When using the Galileo board, significant vibrations are not transferred to the head, as the training platform only simulates human gait. During Galileo therapy, the entire leg and trunk muscles are stimulated. The specific training of the individual muscle groups can be performed by simply changing the posture and tension of the body.
What is the treatment?
Galileo vibration plate workouts last an average of 10-15 minutes and can be performed between 1 and 3 times a week, regularly. The treatment is effective as long as it is not interrupted.
Consultations and treatment plans are developed by the recovery doctor:
- Dr. Georgiana Tache, primary care physician in recovery, physical medicine, and balneology, with 31 years of experience in the field. She is a university teacher - chief of works at the UMF Carol Davila Medical Recovery Discipline, Bucharest.
- Dr. Adina Matei, doctor in recovery, physical medicine and balneology, with over 10 years of experience, EMG competence.
- Dr. Renata Czego, doctor in recovery, physical medicine and balneology, with over 10 years of experience, EMG competence.
- Dr. Mustafa Edis, recovery specialist, physical medicine and balneology, being the first doctor in Romania to approach transcranial electrical stimulation.
At Centrokinetic, the best doctors and therapists are at your disposal for any joint or musculoskeletal condition, from initial consultation and complete investigations in the clinic to treatment and medical recovery in spinal, traumatic, or post-surgical conditions.
Centrokinetic clinic offers all services necessary for a complete rehabilitation process, from the first consultation to the medical specialist to establish the correct diagnosis, to treatment and recovery.
Centrokinetic is the place where you will find clear answers and solutions for your motricity problems. The clinic is dedicated to osteoarticular conditions and is divided into the following departments:
- Orthopedics, a department composed of an extremely experienced team of orthopedic doctors, led by Dr. Andrei Ioan Bogdan, primary care physician in orthopedics-traumatology, with surgical activity at Medlife Orthopedic Hospital, specialized in sports traumatology and ankle and foot surgery.
- Pediatric orthopedics, where children's sports conditions are treated (ligament and meniscus injuries), spinal deformities (scoliosis, kyphosis, hyperlordosis) and those of the feet (hallux valgus, hallux rigidus, equine larynx, flat valgus, hollow foot).
- Neurology, which has an ultra-performing department, where consultations, electroencephalograms (EEG) and electromyography (EMG) are performed.
- Medical recovery for adults and children, department specialized in the recovery of performance athletes, in spinal disorders, in the recovery of children with neurological and traumatic diseases. Our experience is extremely rich, treating over 5000 performance athletes.
- Medical imaging, the clinic being equipped with ultrasound and MRI, high-performance devices dedicated to musculoskeletal disorders, and complemented by an experienced team of radiologists: Dr. Sorin Ghiea and Dr. Cosmin Pantu, specialized in musculoskeletal imaging.
Find the latest news by following the Facebook, Instagram and YouTube accounts of the Centrokinetic clinic.
The price of a subscription with 20 training sessions with Galileo vibration plates is Here, where you can find also a detailed list of individual service prices. But any correct recovery process is based on a mixed plan of therapies and procedures, customized according to the condition, stage of the disease, patient profile, and other objective medical factors. As a result, to configure a treatment plan, with the therapies involved and the prices related to the plan, please make an appointment here for an initial consultation.
MAKE AN APPOINTMENT
FOR AN EXAMINATION
See here how you can make an appointment and the location of our clinics.
MAKE AN APPOINTMENT