See detailsREAD MORE
What is cryotherapy?Cryotherapy is the general or local medical use of low temperatures. Cryotherapy is used to treat various joint or muscle injuries, and its purpose is to:
Among the traditional methods of cryotherapy, we list cold compresses, cold bags, cold water baths, cooler sprays, ice cube massage.
Cold compresses are indicated in inflammatory or painful processes. These compresses are soaked in cold water, and to maintain the optimum temperature, they must be changed every 5 minutes.
Cold bag therapy is support for cold therapy in the healing of swellings, sprains, and injuries. In this therapy, smear bags filled with ice are applied to the surface of interest. This therapy lasts on average 5 minutes.
These cold-water baths last between 10 and 30 seconds and the water has a temperature below 20 ̊ C. They are indicated in cases of constipation, amenorrhea, urinary incontinence, enterocolitis.
Cryotherapy sprays provide a cooling effect that helps relieve pain and inflammation by diffusing cold particles. This therapy is used for stretches, dislocations, sprains, contusions, or sports trauma.
Ice cube massage
This therapy is indicated for post-traumatic, rheumatic, inflammatory conditions, muscle contractions and usually lasts between 5 and 10 minutes. Ice cube massage consists of rubbing the skin with pieces of ice for deep cooling of the tissues.
The benefits of cryotherapy
1. Promotes blood circulation: Cryotherapy enriches the blood with high levels of oxygen and helps in the delivery of vital nutrients throughout the body. The link between low blood oxygen levels and susceptibility to various diseases and a deficient immune system has been shown.
2. Improving the immune system: Improving blood circulation, nutritional and oxygenation levels will increase, rapidly stimulating the immune system. Thus, hormonal imbalances will be normalized, this being one of the most important benefits of chiropractic.
3. Improving energy status and strength: When the body enters a state of alertness by improving the immune system, one of the most common effects of therapy described in the literature is to increase energy levels and a consistent force.
4. Decreasing fatigue: As you accumulate more energy and strength after cryotherapy sessions, you will also notice that you will feel less and less tired.
5. Adjuvant in the recovery of sports pathologies: While physical therapy is the standard way to recover from sports injuries, more and more high-performance athletes are turning to cryotherapy for a sharp reduction in pain and a faster recovery process. Due to the almost non-existent side effects, cryotherapy has gained its role as an adjuvant to recovery in the world of sports, both professional and amateur athletes.
6. Effective method of reducing pain: While the skin will cool to about 10-12 degrees Celsius, the body temperature will remain the same during cryotherapy treatment and will show a slight decrease at the end of the session. This cooling therapy will promote the stimulation of the release of endorphins, which will promote analgesia. Cryotherapy used to relieve pain became popular in the 1970s when it was shown to be useful in combating rheumatic pain. It has since been used as an additional treatment modality for many other health problems, including sports injuries, general muscle disorders, joint pain, or inflammatory processes.
7. Decreases the time required to recover: Cryotherapy has received increased attention from sports due to its anti-inflammatory and analgesic benefits.
8. Increase concentration: You may be surprised to learn that your athletic performance depends on your cognitive abilities, including concentration and memory. A better focus on your goals makes you more productive.
9. Fighting insomnia and better sleep: Poor sleep will compromise melatonin production, suppress the immune system, and lead to insulin resistance. Insomnia or poor sleep contributes to a variety of medical conditions, including digestive disorders, weight problems or infections, and even cancer or diabetes. Prostate cancer in men and breast cancer in women has been correlated with poor sleep patterns.
10. General well-being: With the improvement of the immune system and blood flow, with the increase of the power of concentration and with better sleep, your general condition will also improve. Cryotherapy is very effective in combating stress, muscle or joint pain, even in conditions such as eczema or psoriasis.
Centrokinetic has a very experienced team in the field of physiotherapy, specialized in sports traumatology, accredited in Tecar therapy, dynamic taping, massage, Graston technique, Kinesio Tape, ERGON, flossing band.
Our team has attended numerous overspecialized courses with trainers from the country and abroad, being certified to perform therapies at the highest level. The experience gained in recent years has meant treating over 150 patients per month.
Our team has worked with countless performance athletes, helping them to return to the sport that consecrated them, being highly appreciated by the Romanian national rugby team, the CSA Steaua Bucharest rugby team, the athletes from Absoluto, the Romanian Federation of Fights, but also by many others.
Info: Centrokinetic doesn not work with The National Insurance House, so it does not recieve nu colaboreaza cu CNAS, astfel ca nu primim referral tickets.
Centrokinetic is the place where you will find clear answers and solutions for your motricity problems. The clinic is dedicated to osteoarticular diseases and is divided into the following specialized departments:
- Orthopedics , a department composed of an extremely experienced team of orthopedic doctors, led by Dr. Andrei Ioan Bogdan, primary care physician in orthopedics-traumatology, with surgical activity at Medlife Orthopedic Hospital, specialized in sports traumatology and ankle and foot surgery. .
- Pediatric orthopedics , where children's sports conditions are treated (ligament and meniscus injuries), spinal deformities (scoliosis, kyphosis, hyperlordosis) and those of the feet (hallux valgus, hallux rigidus, equine larynx, flat valgus, hollow foot).
- Neurology , which has an ultra-performing department, where consultations, electroencephalograms (EEG) and electromyography (EMG) are performed.
- Medical recovery for adults and children , department specialized in the recovery of performance athletes, in spinal disorders, in the recovery of children with neurological and traumatic diseases. Our experience is extremely rich, treating over 5000 performance athletes.
- Medical imaging , the clinic being equipped with ultrasound and MRI, high-performance devices dedicated to musculoskeletal disorders, and complemented by an experienced team of radiologists: Dr. Sorin Ghiea and Dr. Cosmin Pantu, specialized in musculoskeletal imaging.
You can find here a detailed list of the prices of individual services. But any correct recovery process is based on a mixed plan of therapies and procedures, customized according to the condition, stage of the condition, patient profile, and other objective medical factors. As a result, in order to configure a treatment plan, with the therapies involved and the prices related to the plan, please make an appointment here for an initial consultation.
SUCCESSFUL RECOVERY STORIES
MAKE AN APPOINTMENT
MAKE AN APPOINTMENT
FOR AN EXAMINATION
See here how you can make an appointment and the location of our clinics.
MAKE AN APPOINTMENT