Centrokinetic has a Department dedicated to Neurological Diseases, in which vertebral elongations are performed. It covers an area of 120 square meters and is equipped with the latest equipment, which meets the needs of our patients and is necessary for optimal treatment. Our physiotherapists are licensed and overspecialized in physiotherapy and special motor skills, having numerous courses, among which we mention:
- ERGON technical course
- Flossing band
- Dynamic tape
- Yumeiho Therapy Course
- Aquashape Fitness Scandinavia Workshop
- Calarco Method kinesiotaping course
- Osteopathy courses
- Manual Therapy Courses
Services - Department of Neurology
The services of the neurology department at Centrokinetic include all the benefits of a neurological clinic in Bucharest, being divided in the following categories:
- An initial check-up with the neurologist: first symptoms, a check-up with recommended investigation ticket or direct diagnosis
- A check-up with the recovery physician: after establishing the diagnosis, in order to concretize a recovery program
- Additional investigations: ultrasound or MRI.
- Control check-up: after the recovery stage, after surgery or after performing procedures both at the neurologist and at the recovery doctor
- EMG : Dr. Bogdan Rotaru and Dr. Fatulescu are overspecialized in electromyography
- EEG: Dr. Simion Laurentiu being specialized in this investigation
- Transcranial electrical stimulation: is a simple, painless method of treatment that uses electrical flow around 1mA intensity, and induces long-term positive brain changes.
Neurologists and recovery
Within the neurology department we enjoy the presence of a medical team with very rich experience, consisting of:
- Dr. Rotaru Bogdan - neurologist, with over 15 years of experience, overspecialized in electromyography, with numerous national and international courses
- Dr. Laurentiu Simion - neurologist, with over 10 years of experience, overspecialized in electroencephalogram (EEG)
- Dr. Tache Georgiana - recovery physician, with over 30 years of experience, specialized in the recovery of neurological diseases
- Dr. Edis Mustafa, recovery physician with over 15 years of experience in recovering from neurological disorders, overspecialized in transcranial electrical stimulation
Why is recovery from sciatica important?
Sciatica describes symptoms of lower limb pain - and possibly tingling, numbness, or weakness - that originate in the lower back and are transmitted through the buttocks along the sciatic nerve, located in the posterior region of the thigh, knee, and anterolateral region of the calf to the tip of the foot. It is caused by the compression of one or more nerve roots in the lower back. Several lumbar disorders of the spine (lower back) can cause sciatica: a herniated disc, spina bifida, degenerative disc-vertebral disease, sacroiliitis, piriformis muscle syndrome, spondylitis.
The correct diagnosis requires an overview of the spine, from a neurological and rheumatological point of view. In the Centrokinetic clinic, the patient is initially evaluated by a recovery doctor, neurologist, or orthopedist. Subsequently, a lumbar MRI, possibly also of the hip, is indicated and is evaluated to establish a diagnosis of ankylosing spondylitis. Based on these investigations, the cause of sciatica can be established.
Tests may include:
- CT scan - CT scans may show a herniated disc, as well as tumors and other lesions. It is more sensitive than radiography.
- MRI scan - MRI scan can show if a disc has been herniated and if there are signs of scar tissue around a nerve root. The test can detect other abnormalities, such as bone disease that presses on a nerve root and tumors. It is more sensitive than a CT scan.
- Blood tests - Blood tests may include a total number of blood cells and a sedimentation rate. Blood tests can be ordered to check for signs of infection, metabolic disease, or inflammation.
- Urine Test - These tests check for urinary tract infection or blood in the urine.
- Nerve Lead Test - To determine the health or disease of a nerve.
- Electromyography - To determine if the nerve that goes to a muscle is functioning normally or if there may be pressure on it. It is often performed in association with a nerve conduction study.
One of the pillars of sciatica treatment is physical therapy. When engaging in a consistent program of gentle exercise, patients can recover faster, and get rid of the pain caused by sciatica, and are less susceptible to future episodes of pain. Consistent movement is important to provide nutrients that heal affected structures that cause pain.
As the pain and inflammation stabilize, our team will focus on restoring normal range of motion, lower limb muscle flexibility, and posture. Your physical therapist will choose the best exercises for your condition. Our neurological recovery department in which doctors may recommend several therapies consist of:
- Physiotherapy - addresses diseases that affect the muscles, nerves, or joints. In our clinic, the treatments are done with high-performance equipment from Zimmer: Winback Tecar devices, ultrasound procedures and electrotherapy with vacuum, cryotherapy through the Cryo6 device, Triton elongation table, Opto Pro. Detailed information is available here.
- Manual therapy - is performed by applying a manual force, determined precisely and specifically at the joints, connective tissues, or skeletal muscles. Manual therapy aims to improve the mobility of restricted areas.
- ERGON therapy - is a manual therapy that consists of the assisted mobilization of soft tissues with the help of a specialized tool. ERGON is an innovative therapy for static and dynamic mobilization of soft tissues with the help of a medical instrument. The role of this therapy is to effectively locate and treat areas that have fibrosis, chronic inflammation, or degeneration.
- Vertebral Elongations - are mainly used to treat herniated discs and represent a series of axial tractions of different regions of the spine to create a space between vertebrae. This reduces the pressure on the intervertebral disc on the nerves, eliminating the constant pain that often becomes chronic. You can also stretch your ligaments and tendons, reduce inflammation, improve circulation and blood flow to tissues.
- Electrotherapy - stimulates the nerves of the affected muscles, encouraging the body to release analgesic chemicals to help heal it. Applying electrotherapy to the buttocks can help reduce pain and reduce muscle spasms.
- Kinesiology tape - also called kinesio taping - is used to reduce pressure and pain, while also helping the healing process by increasing circulation in the affected area. Elimination of pain is felt immediately, and the body gradually returns to a healthy posture and normal function.
Centrokinetic clinic offers all services necessary for a complete rehabilitation process, from the first consultation to the medical specialist to establish the correct diagnosis, to treatment and recovery.
Centrokinetic is the place where you will find clear answers and solutions for your motricity problems. The clinic is dedicated to osteoarticular conditions and is divided into the following departments:
- Orthopedics, a department composed of an extremely experienced team of orthopedic doctors, led by Dr. Andrei Ioan Bogdan, primary care physician in orthopedics-traumatology, with surgical activity at Medlife Orthopedic Hospital, specialized in sports traumatology and ankle and foot surgery.
- Pediatric orthopedics, where children's sports conditions are treated (ligament and meniscus injuries), spinal deformities (scoliosis, kyphosis, hyperlordosis) and those of the feet (hallux valgus, hallux rigidus, equine larynx, flat valgus, hollow foot).
- Neurology, which has an ultra-performing department, where consultations, electroencephalograms (EEG) and electromyography (EMG) are performed.
- Medical recovery for adults and children, department specialized in the recovery of performance athletes, in spinal disorders, in the recovery of children with neurological and traumatic diseases. Our experience is extremely rich, treating over 5000 performance athletes.
- Medical imaging, the clinic being equipped with ultrasound and MRI, high-performance devices dedicated to musculoskeletal disorders, and complemented by an experienced team of radiologists: Dr. Sorin Ghiea and Dr. Cosmin Pantu, specialized in musculoskeletal imaging.
MAKE AN APPOINTMENT
FOR AN EXAMINATION
See here how you can make an appointment and the location of our clinics.
MAKE AN APPOINTMENT