See detailsREAD MORE
What awaits you at Centrokinetic?
Centrokinetic welcomes patients, having a complete rheumatology department, a medical branch that deals with the diagnosis, treatment, and recovery of patients with non-surgical musculoskeletal disorders. These conditions are usually painful, acute, or, most often, chronic, preventing the proper functioning of the musculoskeletal system. They are generally called rheumatism or rheumatic and musculoskeletal diseases.
Most of the times, the patient's evaluation is complex, multidisciplinary, considering the systemic, generalized character of most rheumatological diseases, that is why Centrokinetic has experienced doctors:
- Rheumatologists: Dr. Alizzi Khalid and Dr. Oana Olteanu.
- Medical rehabilitation doctors: Dr. Tache Georgiana, Dr. Edis Mustafa, Dr. Matei Adina, Dr. Czego Renata.
- Orthopedic doctors: Dr. Andrei Bogdan, Dr. Vlad Gican and Dr. Crintea Alexandru
- Radiologists: Dr. Pantu Cosmin and Dr. Ghiea Sorin
- Neurologists: Dr. Rotaru Bogdan, Dr. Simona Man and Dr. Simion Laurentiu
- Doctor of nutrition and metabolism diseases: Dr. Elian Viviana
What is osteoarthritis?
Osteoarthritis is a joint degenerative disease. This disease is usually caused by chronic wear of the cartilage in the joints, which eventually leads to the complete removal of the cartilage. Osteoarthritis is most common in the joints of the knees, hips, hands, and spine. However, it can affect any joint.
The main cause of osteoarthritis is the mechanical stress on the articular surface of the cartilage, and the cartilaginous tissue cannot resist this stress. Therefore, osteoarthritis often develops in people who work in hard conditions or in those who use their joints excessively through repeated movements and, of course, in athletes.
Although osteoarthritis can occur in any joint, the most affected are the joints of the hands, knees, hips, and spine, either in the neck or lower back. The different features of the disease may depend on the specific joints affected, but the main symptoms are:
- Hands - Osteoarthritis of the hands seems to have certain hereditary characteristics. If your mother or grandfather has or has had osteoarthritis of the hands, you are at high risk of developing osteoarthritis of your wrists. Women are more likely than men to develop osteoarthritis in their hands. For most women, it develops after menopause.
- Knees - The joints most commonly affected by osteoarthritis are those of the knees. Symptoms include stiffness, swelling, and pain, which makes it difficult for the person to walk. Osteoarthritis of the knee can lead to disability.
- Hips - As with osteoarthritis of the knee, the symptoms of hip osteoarthritis are similar. But sometimes the pain is felt in the groin, inner thigh, buttocks, or even the knees. Osteoarthritis of the hip can limit movement and bending, making daily activities, such as dressing or wearing shoes, a real challenge.
- Spine - Osteoarthritis of the spine can occur in the form of stiffness and pain in the neck or back. In some cases, changes associated with osteoarthritis of the spine can cause pressure on the nerves, leading to weakness, tingling, or numbness of the arms and legs. In severe cases, it can even affect the function of the bladder or intestine.
Our medical team will come in addition to the investigations to establish a correct diagnosis, with imaging investigations (musculoskeletal ultrasound, joint MRI), functional tests (electromyography), and arthrocentesis. Discover the open MRI imaging center in our clinic. Centrokinetic has a state-of-the-art MRI machine, dedicated to musculoskeletal conditions, in the upper and lower limbs. The MRI machine is open so that people suffering from claustrophobia can do this investigation. The examination duration is, on average, 20 minutes.
At the moment, the process that determines osteoarthritis is irreversible, but the symptoms can usually be efficiently managed by changing the lifestyle, undergoind physical therapy, taking medicine or having surgery. Getting the optimal weight is usually the most important step in treating this condition.
The treatment's objectives are: easing the pain, getting a higher level of joint mobility, reducing the rhythm of the disease flare-up.
At Centrokinetic, our doctors can investigate, diagnose, and treat you to get the best results. They can also perform joint and periarticular injections with:
- Anti-inflammatory solutions or corticosteroids: are usually used for several types of musculoskeletal problems, such as tendinitis, tenosynovitis, bursitis, fasciitis, osteoarthritis, muscle injuries, ligament injuries. Corticosteroids are natural hormones made from cholesterol in the adrenal glands. In clinical practice, steroids are used for their powerful anti-inflammatory effects. Corticosteroids should not be confused with anabolic steroids, which are known to be used by athletes to increase muscle mass and strength. Corticosteroids used in resentment are injected all over the world, the administration doses are minimal, on average 0.4mg, and the side effects are similar in elderly patients, by temporarily increasing (2-3 days) blood pressure and blood sugar.
- Sterile viscoelastic solutions (hyaluronic acid): are performed mainly intraarticularly, both in the large joints (knee, shoulder, hip, ankle) and in the small ones (fist, elbow, metatarsophalangeal, or interphalangeal). The role of these infiltrations is multiple: protector of the articular cartilage through the viscous properties of the injection - the molecules of Hyaluronic Acid in the synovial fluid, act as a lubricant, protecting the articular surfaces from mechanical damage, by elastic properties - under the pressure generated by the joint load (bodyweight), hyaluronic acid in a synovial fluid acts as a shock absorber, protecting cartilage from compressive trauma, a nutrient for joint cartilage, synovial tissue protector: Hyaluronic acid is a protective barrier for the synovial membrane and masks the receptors for inflammation in the knee, reducing inflammation.
- Infiltrations with PRP (platelet hyperconcentrate): have been used since 1978 in the USA, in the treatment of musculoskeletal disorders, with extraordinary results. The infiltration lasts on average 40 minutes, is painless, and consists of collecting peripheral blood (from the vein) of the patient, on average between 60 and 180 ml, centrifugation 20-25 minutes to separate platelets from other blood cells, and injection into the same stage in the affected area. Centrokinetic offers patients treatments with the best PRP kits in the world, brought from the USA, from Arthrex and Magellan. The rationale for using this type of infiltration is to initiate and accelerate the natural process of tissue healing and regeneration by releasing platelet-derived growth factors directly into the affected tissue. According to current studies, soft tissue lesions and cartilage lesions are receptive to this treatment. Some of these include the following: tendinitis (epicondylitis, plantar tendonitis, Achilles, patellar, etc.), tendinosis, tendon ruptures, tendon degenerative lesions, muscle ruptures, cartilage lesions (arthrosis). The therapy also has a postoperative indication in meniscus suture, ligamentoplasty, sutures/tendon reinsertions (rotator cuff, Bankard, Achilles tendon, patellar tendon, quadrigeminal, etc.).
- Autologous growth factor therapy: is a therapy used in Germany for 15 years, and consists of harvesting the body's growth factors, multiplying them by incubation, and reinjecting them into the affected area. The duration of the treatment is 3 hours, performing 3-5 procedures, at 1-week intervals. The major indications are chronic tendinitis (epicondylitis, plantar tendonitis, Achilles, patellar), and articular cartilage lesions (arthrosis). It also has excellent results in the treatment of joint and periarticular pain. Autologous growth factor therapy is a treatment with a cytokine-rich autologous serum (ACRS), derived from the patient's blood. To ensure high tolerability, this technology completely avoids the use of any artificial additives. This special serum, rich in autologous cytokines, can activate the body's ability to heal itself by producing positive interleukins and growth factors. These are crucial to intervene in the cascade of pain, causing it to stop and the subsequent onset of the healing process.
Centrokinetic clinic has a very experienced team, specialized in sports traumatology, accredited in: Tecar therapy, dynamic taping, massage, Graston technique, Kinesio Tape, ERGON, flossing band. Our team has attended numerous overspecialized courses with trainers from the country and abroad, being certified to perform therapies at the highest level.
Centrokinetic clinic offers all services necessary for a complete rehabilitation process, from the first consultation to the medical specialist to establish the correct diagnosis, to treatment and recovery.
Centrokinetic is the place where you will find clear answers and solutions for your motricity problems. The clinic is dedicated to osteoarticular conditions and is divided into the following departments:
- Orthopedics, a department composed of an extremely experienced team of orthopedic doctors, led by Dr. Andrei Ioan Bogdan, primary care physician in orthopedics-traumatology, with surgical activity at Medlife Orthopedic Hospital, specialized in sports traumatology and ankle and foot surgery.
- Pediatric orthopedics, where children's sports conditions are treated (ligament and meniscus injuries), spinal deformities (scoliosis, kyphosis, hyperlordosis) and those of the feet (hallux valgus, hallux rigidus, equine larynx, flat valgus, hollow foot).
- Neurology, which has an ultra-performing department, where consultations, electroencephalograms (EEG) and electromyography (EMG) are performed.
- Medical recovery for adults and children, department specialized in the recovery of performance athletes, in spinal disorders, in the recovery of children with neurological and traumatic diseases. Our experience is extremely rich, treating over 5000 performance athletes.
- Medical imaging, the clinic being equipped with ultrasound and MRI, high-performance devices dedicated to musculoskeletal disorders, and complemented by an experienced team of radiologists: Dr. Sorin Ghiea and Dr. Cosmin Pantu, specialized in musculoskeletal imaging.
Depending on the problem, our physical therapists will use one of the 7 types of physical therapy, created on the basis of famous recovery protocols. Medical recovery for a broad spectrum of diseases, from chronic musculoskeletal diseases and post-traumatic recovery to orthopedic or neurosurgical post-surgery recovery. The programs are created by the clinic's doctors and include custom physical exercises, modern physiotherapy procedures, articular infiltrations. Click on the images and on the “See details” button for more information.READ MORE
Physiotherapy and Physiokinetotherapy
Through physiotherapy we can treat almost any disease that affects the muscles, nerves or joints. Any procedure that takes place in our clinic starts with a medical examination followed by a diagnosis and recovery therapy program, adapted to every patient and affection, for the best results. For clients who buy any physiokinetotherapy package, the consultation is free.READ MORE
MAKE AN APPOINTMENT
MAKE AN APPOINTMENT
FOR AN EXAMINATION
See here how you can make an appointment and the location of our clinics.
MAKE AN APPOINTMENT