See detailsREAD MORE
Centrokinetic is the most performant medical center in Bucharest that focuses on osteoarticular diseases. Its departments are: Orthopedics, Neurology, Medical imaging, Medical rehabilition, Rheumatology, Nutrition and Psychology and it helps both adults and children.
Designed, created and managed by one of the most renowned orthopedic doctors from Romnania, dr. Andrei Ioan Bogdan, the clinic is founded on a unique concept that focuses on diagnosing a disease as fast as possible, using advanced medical investigations (MRI, musculoskeletal ultrasound, EEG, EMG, osteodensitometry) and on initiating a complete treatment until the patient is healed.
Coronaviruses, such as the newly discovered (SARS-CoV-2), which causes COVID-19 disease, produce respiratory infections with varying degrees of severity, from mild to severe.
If more significant sequelae appear, such as decreased lung capacity, respiratory muscle atrophy, or the need for oxygen support, the patient is included in an individual physical therapy program.
Physical therapists will guide patients through breathing exercises, posturing to facilitate expectoration, coughing exercises, and other techniques, depending on the treatment plan.
What exercises can we perform?
In supine position
- Performing abdominal breathing, assisted by the therapist
- Alternate breathing on one nostril, the other being pressed
- Inhaling interrupted in 3 beats, then exhaling normally
- Inhaling with the rhythmic pressure on the nostrils
- Inhale through the nose and exhale through the mouth with pursed lips
- Inhale through the nose and exhale pronouncing the letter H
- Inhale through the nose and exhale pronouncing the letter S
- The physiotherapist's hands are placed with fingers along the ribs. The patient performs a complete exhalation while the pressure of the therapist's hands gradually increases. During inhaling, the pressure will gradually decrease.
- With a weight on the chest, abdominal breathing is performed
- Also with the help of a weight, chest breathing will be performed
From lateral decubitus
- With a pillow under the lower ribs, the head positioned forward, and the left hand above the head, inhale for 3 seconds and exhale for 4 seconds.
- The patient inhales and exhales, while the physiotherapist places his hand in the costo-iliac region on the side of the hemidiaphragm and pushes in and then release it when the patient exhales.
- The physiotherapist's hand on the lower ribs and one on the iliac crest. The patient performs a forced exhalation, while the therapist pushes with both hands in both directions, maintaining a slight apnea.
- Elbows placed on the knees and torso slightly bent anteriorly, abdominal breathing is performed with emphasis on exhaling
- Complete inhaling, prolonged exhaling with the pronunciation of the letters "HU"
- Inhale lightly in 2 beats. Exhale lightly with pursed lips slowly in 4 beats.
- Placing the hand on the abdomen, inhale lightly on the nose, exhale on the mouth pronouncing the letter "F" and seize with the help of the hand the movement of the abdomen.
- Cycloergometer for arms
Mobilizations of the diaphragm muscle
- The therapist places one hand under the lower ribs and the other on the iliac crest on the opposite side. While the therapist pulls them apart, the patient is asked to exhale.
- The therapist's hand is positioned on the diaphragm and fingers on the sternum. The therapist pushes while the patient inhales.
Postural drainage, lying on your stomach with a pillow under your abdomenThe therapist performs padding while the patient is breathing.
The patient takes a complete breath. During exhaling, the therapist vibrates with both hands the lower lobe and the upper lobe of the lung
To be effective, this protocol must be followed rigorously for 6-8 weeks, with a minimum of 3 sessions per week of 1 hour.
All patients are constantly monitored, and their blood oxygen saturation, pulse, and blood pressure are recorded. Centrokinetic has a monitoring system of the vital parameters of each patient in each physical therapy department. It will be used constantly, and all parameters will be displayed in real-time on digital systems so that the medical team can monitor the patient's condition.
- Reducing symptoms
- Increasing the capacity of effort
- Increasing the autonomy of patients with respiratory sequelae
- Increasing the quality of life
- Muscle toning
- Increased joint mobility
* Outcomes may vary from person to person, depending on gender, age, weight, health, or other pre-existing disorders and/or conditions, and they're not unanimously guaranteed for any patient.
IN CASE YOU HAVEN'T ALREADY HEARD ABOUT US
- Orthopedics , a department composed of an extremely experienced team of orthopedic doctors, led by Dr. Andrei Ioan Bogdan, primary care physician in orthopedics-traumatology, with surgical activity at Medlife Orthopedic Hospital, specialized in sports traumatology and ankle and foot surgery. .
- Pediatric orthopedics , where children's sports conditions are treated (ligament and meniscus injuries), spinal deformities (scoliosis, kyphosis, hyperlordosis) and those of the feet (hallux valgus, hallux rigidus, equine larynx, flat valgus, hollow foot).
- Neurology , which has an ultra-performing department, where consultations, electroencephalograms (EEG) and electromyography (EMG) are performed.
- Medical recovery for adults and children , department specialized in the recovery of performance athletes, in spinal disorders, in the recovery of children with neurological and traumatic diseases. Our experience is extremely rich, treating over 5000 performance athletes.
- Medical imaging , the clinic being equipped with ultrasound and MRI, high-performance devices dedicated to musculoskeletal disorders, and complemented by an experienced team of radiologists: Dr. Sorin Ghiea and Dr. Cosmin Pantu, specialized in musculoskeletal imaging.
Respiratory recovery protocol in moderate lung damage
Physical therapists will guide patients that deal with COVID-19 sequelae through breathing exercises, posturing to facilitate expectoration, coughing exercises, and other techniques, depending on the treatment plan. Find out more about the program designed by Centrokinetic.READ MORE
Respiratory recovery protocol in mild lung damage
Coronaviruses, such as the newly discovered (SARS-CoV-2), which causes COVID-19 disease, cause respiratory infections with varying degrees of severity, from mild to severe. Find out information about the group recovery program available for patients who have COVID-19 sequelae like muscle fatigue, mild atrophy, and joint stiffness.READ MORE
MAKE AN APPOINTMENT
FOR AN EXAMINATION
See here how you can make an appointment and the location of our clinics.
MAKE AN APPOINTMENT