What is Shockwave therapy?
Shockwave therapy is a revolutionary method of treatment in modern medicine that uses acoustic waves to treat various diseases of the musculoskeletal system. For the past 20 years, shockwave therapy has been successfully applied in many medical fields such as orthopedics, sports medicine, urology, cosmetology, surgery, and cardiology.
The main effects consist of the rapid attenuation of pain and the restoration of joint mobility. These effects are achieved by improving the metabolic processes in the tissues. To these effects is added the advantage of a non-surgical approach, which does not involve the use of analgesics. Taken together, all of these aspects make shockwave therapy an ideal therapy for both accelerating healing and treating symptoms of acute or chronic pain.
What are the indications for Shockwave therapy?
- muscle contractions
- intramuscular hematoma
- calcifications in the shoulder region
- osteophytes calcaneus
- plantar fascia
- tendinopathies (patellar, quadriceps, Achilles)
- medial or lateral epicondylitis
- Dupuytren's disease (contracture of the palmar aponeurosis)
This therapy generates and transmits a shock wave to the affected tissue through the most powerful device: Storz Duolith. This model is part of the new generation of shockwave therapy, marked by optimal ergonomics and high maneuverability. The special flexibility of the handpiece cable supports a tireless treatment and, therefore, a treatment that is easier to apply, with the following effects:
- formation of new blood vessels
- stimulating collagen production
- dissolution of calcifications
- inflammation decrease in the affected area
All these effects are positively felt by the patient, who benefits from pain relief and restoration of joint mobility.
During shockwave therapy, the patient may feel a slight sensation of pain or discomfort that gradually becomes bearable and easily tolerated. After the procedure, the pain improves, the muscle tone normalizes, the muscle contracture disappears, the joint mobility increases. The treatment is performed in an outpatient setting in sessions of 5-7 minutes at intervals of 5-7 days. The number of sessions is on average 6 but may vary depending on the disease, the stage of the disease, and the subsequent evolution.
Compared to conventional therapies, patients treated with Shockwave Therapy enjoy the following benefits:
- the short duration of treatment
- decreased pain and increased mobility
- improving blood circulation to muscles and tendons
- dissolution of calcic fibroblasts
- improving metabolism and microcirculation
- reduction of tissue tension
- analgesic effect
Shockwave therapy is contraindicated in pregnant women, people with diabetes, vascular disease, those with pacemakers, hematological or neurological disorders, and those with local infections.
Our team has attended numerous overspecialized courses with trainers from the country and abroad, being certified to perform therapies at the highest level. The experience gained in recent years has meant treating over 150 patients per month.
Our team has worked with countless performance athletes, helping them to return to the sport that consecrated them, being highly appreciated by the Romanian national rugby team, the CSA Steaua Bucharest rugby team, the athletes from Absoluto, the Romanian Federation of Fights, but also by many others.
Centrokinetic is the place where you will find clear answers and solutions for your motricity problems. The clinic is dedicated to osteoarticular diseases and is divided into the following specialized departments:
- Orthopedics , a department composed of an extremely experienced team of orthopedic doctors, led by Dr. Andrei Ioan Bogdan, primary care physician in orthopedics-traumatology, with surgical activity at Medlife Orthopedic Hospital, specialized in sports traumatology and ankle and foot surgery. .
- Pediatric orthopedics , where children's sports conditions are treated (ligament and meniscus injuries), spinal deformities (scoliosis, kyphosis, hyperlordosis) and those of the feet (hallux valgus, hallux rigidus, equine larynx, flat valgus, hollow foot).
- Neurology , which has an ultra-performing department, where consultations, electroencephalograms (EEG) and electromyography (EMG) are performed.
- Medical recovery for adults and children , department specialized in the recovery of performance athletes, in spinal disorders, in the recovery of children with neurological and traumatic diseases. Our experience is extremely rich, treating over 5000 performance athletes.
- Medical imaging , the clinic being equipped with ultrasound and MRI, high-performance devices dedicated to musculoskeletal disorders, and complemented by an experienced team of radiologists: Dr. Sorin Ghiea and Dr. Cosmin Pantu, specialized in musculoskeletal imaging.
MAKE AN APPOINTMENT
FOR AN EXAMINATION
See here how you can make an appointment and the location of our clinics.
MAKE AN APPOINTMENT