See detailsREAD MORE
Physiotherapy and Physical therapy for the cervical or lumbar spine
Spinal disorders are very common. Old age, untreated conditions, incorrect posture, and unhealthy habits are factors that contribute to pain or damage of the spine.Centrokinetic has a special department, dedicated to spinal diseases: disc herniation, sciatica, spondylosis, scoliosis, discopathy. The department is coordinated by Dr. Tache Georgiana, a physician who specializes in treating these conditions.
In addition to our state-of-the-art equipment for medical recovery, we have a department dedicated to spinal diseases. The star of this department is the elongation table.
Spinal decompression therapy
The department covers an area of 100 square meters and is equipped with the latest equipment, which meets the needs of our patients and is necessary for optimal treatment.
Here are some of the therapies performed in spinal recovery department:
- Physical therapy which includes exercises to tone the back muscles, to get a correct position of the spine, but also to relieve pain and stabilize the spine in the long run.
- Physiotherapy, through a series of exercises that help the patient keep the spine in neutral positions during all daily activities. We take great care that the patient is well trained in understanding his education regarding the health of the whole body, this being explained by certain videos about the health of the spine, indications, and contraindications.
- TECAR Therapy uses deep heat and high-frequency currents, in combination with manual treatment. This relieves pain quickly and effectively, accelerates healing, and reduces recovery time. Thus, it relieves back pain resulting from disc herniation, joint disorders, muscle spasms, and fractures.
- Elongations are mainly used to treat herniated discs and represent a series of axial tractions of different regions of the spine to separate the vertebrae from each other. This reduces the pressure on the intervertebral disc on the nerves, eliminating the constant pain that often becomes chronic. You can also stretch your ligaments and tendons, reduce inflammation, improve circulation and blood flow to tissues.
- Ultrasound uses sound waves that pass through the skin to cause vibration in local tissues. This creates deep local warming, which is still not felt by the patient, while the tissue relaxes and increases local blood flow.
- Electrotherapy stimulates the nerves of the affected muscles, thus encouraging the body to release analgesic chemicals to help heal it. Applying electrotherapy to the buttocks can help reduce pain and reduce muscle spasms..
- Manual therapy is performed by applying a manual force, determined precisely and specifically at the joints, connective tissues, or skeletal muscles. Manual therapy aims to improve the mobility of restricted areas.
- Kinesiotaping - is used to reduce pressure and pain, while helping the healing process by increasing circulation in the affected area. Pain is relieved immediately, and the body gradually returns to a healthy posture and normal function.
Disc herniation is a relatively common condition that can occur anywhere along the spine, but most often affects the lower back or neck. When a disc is damaged, it may swell or break. Centrokinetic specialists recommend a treatment that combines physiotherapy procedures, manual therapy, therapeutic massage, physical therapy, and spinal decompression therapy.
One of the most effective non-surgical therapies for treating a herniated disc is one that uses the Triton DTS elongation table, which helps reposition the herniated disc back to a normal physiological position. It also promotes the intake of fluids, oxygen, and other substances needed to heal the spinal disc and surrounding tissues. Decompression stimulates tissue repair and inhibits the leakage of internal spinal disc material (pulpal nucleus). You can learn more of this in the article about the treatment of disc herniation.
Ankylosing spondylitis is a form of arthritis with a long-term (chronic) evolution and, most often, affects the spine. The treatment has the following priorities: physiotherapy to reduce inflammation, medical-gymnastics to reduce pain and stiffness, and to prevent the aggravation of the disease, to maintain normal daily activity.
Cervical spondylosis is a degenerative condition of the cervical spine and affects the vertebral bodies and intervertebral discs in the neck (such as cervical disc herniation), as well as the contents of the spinal canal (nerve roots and/or spinal cord). Symptoms of cervical spondylosis include neck pain, which can radiate to the shoulders and upper chest, stiffness in the intervertebral joints, headaches, numbness, and tingling in the arms. The treatment consists of various exercises to maintain good mobility in the spine, elongations to decompress the intervertebral space, and therapeutic massage to relax muscles around the spine.
Vertebral stenosis represents the abnormal narrowing of the medullary canal. While narrowing can occur in different parts of the spine, the sensations of compression of the nerve or spinal cord are often similar and are also similar to the symptoms of a herniated disc. The optimal non-surgical treatment for spinal stenosis is the exercise program performed under the supervision of a physiotherapist.
Sciatica describes pain in the lower limb - and possibly other symptoms such as tingling, numbness, or weakness - that originate in the lower spine and are transmitted through the buttocks along the sciatic nerve. Because sciatica affects the lower back, it is called lumbosciatica. Treatments are usually combined, each fulfilling a specific role. Manual therapy helps to restore the mobility of rigid joints and reduce muscle tension, and spinal decompression therapy has the role of decompressing the vertebrae, leaving the intervertebral disc to hydrate.
Centrokinetic has a very experienced team in spine recovery, accredited in Tecar therapy, dynamic taping, massage, Graston technique, Kinesio Tape, ERGON, flossing band, manual therapy, vertebral elongations.
Our team has attended numerous courses with trainers from the country and abroad, being certified to perform therapies at the highest level. The experience gained in recent years has meant resolving over 150 patients per month.
Centrokinetic Clinic has one of the most advanced recovery systems in Bucharest, with a very experienced team of physical therapists, with over 15 years of experience. Our medical team worked with countless performance athletes, helping them to return to the sport that consecrated them, being highly appreciated by the Romanian national rugby team, the CSA Steaua Bucharest rugby team, the athletes from Absoluto, but also by many others.
SUCCESSFUL RECOVERY STORIES
MAKE AN APPOINTMENT
MAKE AN APPOINTMENT
FOR AN EXAMINATION
See here how you can make an appointment and the location of our clinics.
MAKE AN APPOINTMENT