See detailsREAD MORE
Schroth therapyThe Schroth method is a form of conservative treatment for idiopathic scoliosis (situations in which the cause of scoliosis unknown) and Scheuermann's disease. Schroth therapy consists of a series of exercises aimed at elongating the trunk and correcting the spine asymmetries, with visible results in children and adults.
Scroth therapy is available at the Specialized Pediatric Medical Recovery Department. We are glad to have Ruxandra Tudosoiu in our team. She is overspecialized in Schroth therapy for the treatment of scoliosis, with 7 years of experience, fully involved in recovering patients. We have Sorina Micu, a physiotherapist passionate about working and interacting with children, overspecialized in Schroth therapy, which aims to prevent or recover from disabilities due to some conditions or injuries, Anne Iordanescu , physiotherapist specializing in pediatric rehabilitation and Ana Coman, with over 3 years of experience in this field.
BeneficiariesThe treatment can be applied to patients with Cobb angles greater than 15 degrees. For Cobb angles greater than 20 degrees, it is recommended to wear the Cheneau corset to maintain 70% active and 30% passive corrections, simultaneously with therapy.
Because Schroth therapy requires a high degree of involvement, it can usually begin at the age of 10 for girls and 12 for boys.
The Schroth method can also be applied to adults. Here are the differences that only 2 months of treatment can make in this particular case of thoracolumbar scoliosis at 35 years old.
The role of Schroth exercises:The exercises specific to the Schroth method are performed depending on the severity and type of curvature of the condition, as well as depending on the mobility and capacity of the patients. The goal is to create the perception and awareness of the new posture through position, repetition, and breathing. stabilization of curves
- increasing the mobility of the upper torso
- improving postural alignment
- increased neuromuscular control
- improving cardiopulmonary function
- pain reduction
- adapting corrections in daily activities
Through tactile stimuli, the Schroth therapist guides the patient so that he will have a better understanding of the location of breathing, elongation, and activation of the muscles, in order to actively correct the posture.
What Schroth therapy entailsIn all Schroth exercises, patients begin by approaching a posture in which the spine curves, the deformities of the rib cage, and the imbalance of the shoulders and hips are maintained in a corrected postural position. The spine is then elongated from the pelvis upwards. The arms position is important for correcting the rib cage and shoulders.
While the patient maintains this correct posture, Schroth's corrective breathing will begin. This technique directs breathing in the areas affected by scoliosis - the areas of the chest depressions. This type of breathing helps to reduce the rotation of the spine, as well as to improve lung capacity. Stabilization of the correct posture occurs in the expiration phase by isometric contractions on the affected muscles.
Duration of the treatment
The Schroth program will be based on individual patient evaluation. The treatment sessions last between 45 and 60 minutes and can vary in number between 16 and 40 for learning the exercises. After this period, the continuation of exercises at home is absolutely necessary to keep the body in an optimal symmetrical position.
At Centrokinetic, the best doctors and therapists are available for any articular or musculo-skeletal, from the initial medical examination and complete investigations in our clinic, to treatment and complete medical recovery in spinal disorders, traumatic or post-surgery.
You can find here a detailed list of the prices of individual services. But any correct recovery process is based on a mixed plan of therapies and procedures, customized according to the condition, stage of the condition, patient profile, and other objective medical factors. As a result, in order to configure a treatment plan, with the therapies involved and the prices related to the plan, please make an appointment here for an initial consultation.
Centrokinetic clinic offers all services necessary for a complete rehabilitation process, from the first consultation to the medical specialist to establish the correct diagnosis, to treatment and recovery.
Centrokinetic is the place where you will find clear answers and solutions for your motricity problems. The clinic is dedicated to osteoarticular conditions and is divided into the following departments:
- Orthopedics, a department composed of an extremely experienced team of orthopedic doctors, led by Dr. Andrei Ioan Bogdan, primary care physician in orthopedics-traumatology, with surgical activity at Medlife Orthopedic Hospital, specialized in sports traumatology and ankle and foot surgery.
- Pediatric orthopedics, where children's sports conditions are treated (ligament and meniscus injuries), spinal deformities (scoliosis, kyphosis, hyperlordosis) and those of the feet (hallux valgus, hallux rigidus, equine larynx, flat valgus, hollow foot).
- Neurology, which has an ultra-performing department, where consultations, electroencephalograms (EEG) and electromyography (EMG) are performed.
- Medical recovery for adults and children, department specialized in the recovery of performance athletes, in spinal disorders, in the recovery of children with neurological and traumatic diseases. Our experience is extremely rich, treating over 5000 performance athletes.
- Medical imaging, the clinic being equipped with ultrasound and MRI, high-performance devices dedicated to musculoskeletal disorders, and complemented by an experienced team of radiologists: Dr. Sorin Ghiea and Dr. Cosmin Pantu, specialized in musculoskeletal imaging.
SUCCESSFUL RECOVERY STORIES
MAKE AN APPOINTMENT
MAKE AN APPOINTMENT
FOR AN EXAMINATION
See here how you can make an appointment and the location of our clinics.
MAKE AN APPOINTMENT