See detailsREAD MORE
Physical therapy after neurosurgical intervention
How can physical therapy help you?
A professional physiotherapist can identify your mobility conditions as a result of neurosurgical intervention. Depending on your situation, you can improve your physical abilities. If some of your conditions are permanent or severe, you can learn compensation techniques or how to use assistive devices. These techniques may include learning how to walk again, or how to walk differently with a crutch or orthosis. Stretching exercises or therapeutic massage can help you get rid of severe muscle pain, thus promoting movement. If you cannot move a part of your body, such as a hand or a leg, you will learn specific exercises that will improve your circulation, thus reducing local swelling.
The evaluation process
A complete recovery program can take up to 8 weeks, but its duration depends on your specific needs. At the end of the recovery period, you will be re-evaluated to determine if the recovery program has helped you accomplish the goals you started at the beginning of the recovery process. You will also learn a series of exercises to perform at home and help you maintain the progress you have made.
- Improving muscle strength: regaining muscle strength is an essential objective in the recovery process.
- Restoring limb mobility: you will perform exercises to improve the range of motion. The goal is to improve the mobility of the affected limb and decrease pain, local swelling, and joint stiffness.
- Compensation techniques: you will learn how to walk in a different way, or how to use a crutch or walking frame so that you can lead a normal and quiet life.
- Improving the quality of life: these exercises will help you go on without any difficulties in your everyday activities.
You can find here a detailed list of the prices of individual services. But any correct recovery process is based on a mixed plan of therapies and procedures, customized according to the condition, stage of the condition, patient profile, and other objective medical factors. As a result, in order to configure a treatment plan, with the therapies involved and the prices related to the plan, please make an appointment here for an initial consultation.
Centrokinetic clinic offers all services necessary for a complete rehabilitation process, from the first consultation to the medical specialist to establish the correct diagnosis, to treatment and recovery.
Centrokinetic is the place where you will find clear answers and solutions for your motricity problems. The clinic is dedicated to osteoarticular conditions and is divided into the following departments:
- Orthopedics, a department composed of an extremely experienced team of orthopedic doctors, led by Dr. Andrei Ioan Bogdan, primary care physician in orthopedics-traumatology, with surgical activity at Medlife Orthopedic Hospital, specialized in sports traumatology and ankle and foot surgery.
- Pediatric orthopedics, where children's sports conditions are treated (ligament and meniscus injuries), spinal deformities (scoliosis, kyphosis, hyperlordosis) and those of the feet (hallux valgus, hallux rigidus, equine larynx, flat valgus, hollow foot).
- Neurology, which has an ultra-performing department, where consultations, electroencephalograms (EEG) and electromyography (EMG) are performed.
- Medical recovery for adults and children, department specialized in the recovery of performance athletes, in spinal disorders, in the recovery of children with neurological and traumatic diseases. Our experience is extremely rich, treating over 5000 performance athletes.
- Medical imaging, the clinic being equipped with ultrasound and MRI, high-performance devices dedicated to musculoskeletal disorders, and complemented by an experienced team of radiologists: Dr. Sorin Ghiea and Dr. Cosmin Pantu, specialized in musculoskeletal imaging.
SUCCESSFUL RECOVERY STORIES
MAKE AN APPOINTMENT
MAKE AN APPOINTMENT
FOR AN EXAMINATION
See here how you can make an appointment and the location of our clinics.
MAKE AN APPOINTMENT